The TS-8900 board has no specific boot sequence since the processor and Linux Operating System are located on the selected TS-4000 Series Macrocontroller.
Before attempting to apply power to the TS-8900, perform the following steps while taking proper static discharge precautions
- Place the TS-8900 base board on a firm non-conductive surface
- Alternatively on the provided stand.
- Carefully, insert the TS-4000 Series Macrocontroller daughterboard by aligning and pressing evenly and firmly onto the pair of mating connectors
- Connect the RC-DB9 to the 10 pin CONSOLE header lining up the red wire to the white dot on the board.
- Connect the Ethernet cable if applicable.
- Apply 6-28V of power to the two power pins. Please note the polarity printed on the board.
- Alternatively, you can use POE to power the board. Use only the RJ45 port closest to the macrocontroller for POE.
- Monitor the TS-SOCKET SBC using a terminal emulator connected to the serial console port to verify that the board is operating properly